Voyageurs News – January 22nd
This edition of Voyageurs News contains important and time sensitive school information. Please read fully, and let me know if you have any questions.
Patrick Gamache Hutchison,
2018-2019 Prekindergarten and Kindergarten Registration
Registration will open January 24, 2018 at 09:00
Any registration entered prior to the online opening date for the 2018 – 2019 school year, into a 2017-2018 form will not be processed.
Busing for ÉCVS as of February 20th
This information has been shared with families currently using bus service to the ÉCVS School-Within-a-School located at ÉBS. Busing in Black Gold Schools is provided for K – 6 students residing over 1.0 km home to school (walkways are included in the calculation). Once ÉCVS is open on Feb. 20, 2018 this is what will happen:
Montrose and Four Seasons: All students are under 1.0 km home to the school and therefore busing will not be provided. *See note below if you have a bus pass currently.
Place Chaleureusse: Students residing north of Soleil Blvd may have transportation to the school. All students are under 2.4 km to the school but greater than the 1.0 km so a fee of $250 annually applies.
Ruisseau: Students residing in Ruisseau may have busing as they are all over 2.0 km to the school, some residences are over 2.4 km and those students are eligible for no charge transportation. Students who are under the 2.4 km are ineligible and a fee of $250 annually applies.
Out of attendance areas: Students who are attending ÉCVS school but it is not their designated school, will not receive busing.
Seeds & Sprouts and Sunshine Patch Daycares: The ÉCVS students will walk.
*Refunds: Families who have paid for transportation for 2017 – 18 school year to ÉCVS and then will be walking to the school come Feb. 20th will be required to turn in the bus pass to the school office. Once forwarded to our Division office, a pro-rated refund will be applied to your child’s account. The refund will be $110.50 per student. If you have not fully paid the fee yet, the amount owed will be reduced by that amount and the remainder will still be on the account. For families who have paid a family rate (more than 3 riders) the amount will be adjusted accordingly.
Rural families: The bus will go direct to ÉCVS in the morning. In the afternoon, all students will get on bus 34 to go to transfer at ÉSBCHS.
- For all families currently using busing, bus routes will be adjusted on our computer routing system as of February 1, so you may then check for the route and time for your child.
Go to: bgrs.mybusplanner.ca after Feb. 1 for the updated route information.
- For families not using busing currently and wanting to use a bus, you must apply at Black Gold Schools – Transportation Department by calling: 780-955-6025. All students are required to have a bus pass prior to accessing a school bus.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact myself or any one of our Transportation Department.
Black Gold Regional Division No. 18
Fundraising Society Meeting- Wednesday, January 24th 7:00 pm in the Bellevue Staff Room.
Accountability Pillar Information
As an annual check-up on the education system, the Accountability Pillar provides an opportunity for Alberta Education and school authorities to ensure that we are equipping students for success.
The Accountability Pillar uses a set of 16 indicators. Data on these indicators consists of surveys of students, parents and teachers on various aspects of education quality, student outcomes such as dropout and high school completion rates, and provincial assessments of student learning.
From January to the end of February, Alberta Education will be conducting the annual Accountability Pillar Survey.
- In January, parents of students in grade 4, 7 and 10 will receive a survey from Alberta Education.
- In February, students in grades 4, 7 and 10 and all teachers will be completing their surveys online at school.
All surveys are anonymous and ask questions about experiences with your school. In addition to English and French, the parent survey is available in Chinese, Punjabi, Arabic, Blackfoot, Dene, Cree, Korean, Spanish, Tagalog and Urdu.
Your participation in the survey helps provide important information on the quality of education your child is receiving, so we encourage you to return your survey promptly.
Survey results will be available to school authorities in May 2018, and will be reported publicly as part of their 3-Year Education Plans and Annual Education Results Reports.
The Birth of the C.P.R. January 25 – 10:45-11:30
Originally schedule to be presented in our new school, this musical theatre production will be presented to all Champs Vallée students in the Bellevue Gymnasium. Prekindergarten and kindergarten students not a school are welcome to attend with a guardian.
The Birth of the C.P.R. is a rip-roaring, boogie-woogie, bluegrass
musical about the National Dream. Three actor multi instrumentals will
present the entire story of how Canadians enticed the colony of British
Columbia to join a young Canada, by offering to build the world’s longest
railroad that would reach from sea to sea. As citizens and politicians argue,
surveyors will brave the elements, navvies blast mountains, and workers lay
miles of track as they dreamed of a rail journey across a new country.
Witness Sir John A. MacDonald, Alexander McKenzie, Andrew Onderdonck,
Sanford Fleming, Walter Moberly, William Van Horne, and A.B. Rogers as
they dare to overcome what seem like impossible obstacles. All while sing-
ing, dancing and playing music!
Students Progress Reports
Reports will be emailed to parents as PDFs on January 30th.
Champs Vallée and New School Site Updates
The Black Gold School Division has received “occupancy” of the new building. While construction is completed by the contractor, Black Gold personnel and our suppliers can now begin installations and preparations of items outside of the scope of the building contract (technology, furniture, appliances, P.E. equipment, etc.).
Open House for Families – February 13th 6:00 – 6:30 pm
- An optional event for students and parents to see the school before starting on February 20th. Tours will be provided by staff.
Last Day at Bellevue – February 15th
- Reusable bags were generously donated by Wee Love Baby Co. A bag will be labeled with your child’s name. Students will bring these home with their school supplies on February 15th and bring them back to school on February 20th.
Pancake Breakfast – February 20th
- École Champs Vallée School will be providing each student in the school with a maple syrup, pancake, and sausage (pork, poultry, or vegetarian option) breakfast on February 20th. The assistance of parent helpers would be greatly appreciated. If you are available to help, please complete the form.
Bell Schedule and Campus Expectations
- The start and end times as well as the lunch hour will remain the same for all grades once we move. The morning and afternoon recess times may be adjusted. https://ecvs.blackgold.ca/about/schedule/
- Our one Grade 5 French Immersion class that has been sharing a room with a Bellevue class will switch to the Champs Vallée schedule.
- We will remain a “closed campus” for students. Students needing to leave during the day or at noon will continue to require a parent or guardian to sign them out at the office. Exceptions can be made for students who routinely go home for lunch. Students will not be permitted to leave campus independently during school hours to go to the neighbouring businesses.
Other Important Dates and Upcoming Events
PD Day – January 31th
- No School for students
Staff Meeting – February 7th
- School Ends at 2:30 for Grades 1-6 and Prekindergarten
- No School for Kindergarten
Teachers’ Convention – February 8 & 9 – No School
Pink Shirt Day– February 28th T-Shirts Available Here
Winter Fun Day / Carnaval – March 9th
- School Council will be looking for volunteers to assist on this day. More information will be shared soon.
Champs Vallée School Wear – http://www.haliscodesign.com/champs-vallee/
This information is shared with the school community. It has no affiliation to the school and is not an endorsement.