Welcome to Kindergarten
About Our Program
We are currently offering French Immersion half-day classes every morning and afternoon. English half-day classes are offered every morning.
Calendar and Instructional Hours
The Division Calendar can be found here. The Champs Vallée Kindergarten calendar be found here. Alberta Education requires Kindergarten programs to offer a minimum of 475 hours of instruction during the year. We typically exceed that by 5 to 13 hours.
Daily Class Schedules
Morning Classes 08:35 – 11:25
Afternoon Classes 12:25-15:15
School supplies lists can be found at this link.
Our Kindergarten programs build on what your child has already learned at home and in your community. Our programs allow children to explore and experiment with their surroundings and to learn how to interact with other children. Our Kindergarten programs offer many benefits including:
- Further developed skills in language arts, math, social studies, science, and the arts.
- Improved personal and social skills.
- Enhanced physical skills.
When Is My Child Eligible To Attend Kindergarten?
Children may begin Kindergarten in a school within the Division in September if they are five (5) years of age by the end of the following February. An exception is allowed in cases where special learning needs have been identified and an earlier entrance into Kindergarten is desirable.
How Do I Register My Child?
New! Registration will be Processed Online
All parents will be asked to register their child online via InfoSnap/PowerSchool Registration. A paper copy of the registration form will not be available.
What is InfoSnap/PowerSchool?
InfoSnap/PowerSchool is our new online enrolment system. InfoSnap will replace our annual paper registration packets, saving valuable time. The new system is a secure process that will allow the Division to verify all student information for every child prior to the start of the new school year.
All parents are encouraged to consider our French Immersion Program. We will offer both English and French Immersion programming.
There may be limited spots available in your preferred Kindergarten program (morning, afternoon, or full day), and we encourage families to register early to avoid disappointment. Please note, we may not be able to accommodate your preference, depending on student enrollment and program viability.
How to Register
- Follow the link to the registration page
- Parents will create an account with PowerSchool Registration/Infosnap (this is not a PowerSchool Parent Portal account) and then enter all their students’ registration information.
- The form will allow the parent to choose the program they want to register in and indicate they would like busing (this will not guarantee busing)*.
- Birth certificates and citizenship documentation etc. can be uploaded via the online registration process or handed in at the school.
- All documentation is to be received by deposit deadline (March 31, 2017) to ensure your registration is complete.
Don’t Own a Computer?
- All schools will have a device available for parents that do not have access to a computer or the internet. As École Champs Vallée School is not yet open, a kiosk will be available at École Bellevue School.
- The InfoSnap/PowerSchool program is also mobile friendly, meaning that you can use your smartphone to register!
Don’t Own a Scanner?
Bring your supporting documents into École Bellevue School school by March 31, 2017 in order to ensure your registration is complete. Alternatively, there are free Apps that will allow you to scan your documents on the go from your mobile phone or tablet and export them as JPEG or multipage PDF files. Check a few of these out:
Is Transportation Provided?
Kindergarten students follow regular BGRD Transportation policy and procedures. It should be noted if the ECS Program is a half-day program, there is no busing available for noon hour, at the end of the morning program, or at the beginning of the afternoon program.