Voyageurs News – December 17- Updated
CHRISTMAS CONCERT INFORMATION
Our Christmas concerts will take place on the 2nd floor in the Flex Space. We are hoping that this will allow for better acoustics and a more comfortable space than the gymnasium. The format is intended to be 5 “mini-concerts” that allow families (and extended family) to have the opportunity to see their child’s class performance in a 20 minute time slot. The bullets below help outline the process for the evenings and hopefully assist with limiting interruptions or noise distractions during the concerts.
- All students and parents will enter the school through the west entrances (See images below-Kindergarten and Grade 1 use the west modular doors and Grades 2-6 use the northwest entrance). There will be a sign on the main entrance to direct everyone to those doors.
- Once inside, the students will put their boots on the boot racks in the west boot rooms and then go to their designated classroom. (See images below).
- Teachers will have your child’s indoor shoes and Santa hats in their designated room on the west-end of the building.
- Parents, please have your child in their assigned room 15 minutes before their performance time.
- Parents, after bringing your child to their assigned room, please line up downstairs in the west-wing, behind the doors. You will be invited to go up the main staircase prior to the start of your child’s concert. After each concert, students will go back to their designated classroom through the doors in the upper west-wing. Parents will exit the concert area via the upper west-wing hallway/doors to meet their child. For parents who are watching multiple concerts, we encourage them to quickly collect their child and head back to the seating area to watch.
- At the beginning of the night, Santa will be set up in one of the classrooms for our ECS and Grade 1 students. They can visit him AFTER their concert.
FUNDRAISING SOCIETY RAFFLE AT THE CONCERTS
All profits will go towards paying for the playground.
We will be accepting donations of toys and non-perishable food items for Beaumont-Nisku Christmas Elves until December 17th. We have a collection box near the front entrance by the Learning Commons.
Thank you for the many generous donations.
LOST & FOUND
We have had many lost and found items accumulate over the course of the year. We will have these set out in the foyer this week. Please stop by the school or encourage your child to have a look for any missing items.
We appreciate the many parent volunteers that we have at the school. For safety reasons, all visitors are asked to sign-in at the office when at the school during school hours.
FUNDRAISING SOCIETY MEETING & POTLUCK
The next Champs Vallée Fundraising Society meeting is on Monday, December 17th (tonight) in the Staff Room. All École Champs Vallée School community members are welcome to attend. Attendees as welcome to bring a food item to share.
The school will be closed from December 24th to January 4th. Classes resume January 7th. The staff at Champs Vallée would like to wish all of our students a safe and joyful holiday.
2019-2020 ECS REGISTRATION
On January 23rd, registration can be completed using this link. Early registration using the 2018/19 process will not be accepted.
Students currently enrolled in Prekindergarten must be registered for Kindergarten by their parents.
Champs Vallée will be hosting a Kindergarten Information Evening at 7:00 P.M. on January 16th in the 2nd floor Band/Drama room.
Questions regarding Early Childhood Services (ECS) can be directed to Principal, Patrick Gamache Hutchison. email@example.com
|Change 4 year old cutoff||Change 5 year old cutoff|
|Age cut off for 3 year old funded programming
(4X codes only)
|Must be 3 before January 1st, 2020||Must be 3 before January 1st, 2021|
|Age cut off for 4 year old programming
(pre-k for non-funded, and
funded by codes 30, ELL or 4X)
|Must be 4 before January 1st, 2020||Must be 4 before January 1st, 2021|
|Age cut off for 5 year old programming
|Must be 5 before March 1st, 2020||Must be 5 before January 1st, 2021|
2019-2020 DRAFT CALENDAR
The Black Gold Regional Schools Board of Education is seeking parent feedback on the Draft calendar.
Please send your feedback to your School Council Chair, Laura Tkach, before 3pm on December 18th. Laura will share the consolidated feedback with the School Board.